- Relevant memories come to the surface and dreams can provide more information than they may have realised they had access to
- Access an inner drive to fulfil potential, to become fully more of who we are
- Facilitate self-actualisation and drive
- Taking charge of your own life
- I take account of the real world including the impact of trauma, cultural difference, sexual orientation, disability and social context
As your counsellor I will work face-to-face with you and employ techniques to suit your circumstances. This will include actively listening as you talk about your feelings and concerns. Specific advice is rarely given because you will be working with me in a common process of discovery.
Your first appointment will involve an assessment of your personal needs for counselling. You will build up an idea of what is involved and you will be able to make up your mind if I’m a person you can work with. It is important to be clear about what you want and what I am able to offer. Our relationship is at the heart of our work together.
I offer a free initial appointment, following which my fees, which are payable at the end of each session, are £50 for individuals - £70 for Couples (some concessions are available)
If we agree to work together on your issues it is important and a matter of mutual respect that you keep your appointments. If for any reason you need to cancel an appointment I will need at least 3 days notice.